An open project to create the largest LEGO fan network on the web
What is Brickimedia?
Brickimedia is an open network of LEGO fan communities that was created in early 2013. Brickimedia hosts four projects: Brickipedia, the LEGO encyclopedia, Customs, a MOC hosting wiki where users can display their custom sets, themes, and minifigures, LEGO Stories Wiki, a wiki that allows users to host their fan-created stories about LEGO, and the LEGO CUUSOO Wiki, an encyclopedia about LEGO CUUSOO.
Brickimedia was originally launched in February 2013, where it hosted five projects: Brickipedia, Customs, the LEGO Message Boards Wiki, LEGO Stories Wiki, and LEGO CUUSOO Wiki. In June 2013, a malicious attack on the company that hosted Brickimedia's server caused all content that was on the Brickimedia server to be lost. Due to the lack of accessible backups, very little content was recoverable, and development then started from the ground up. Since that downtime, Brickimedia has been through a closed alpha, closed beta, and open beta testing period. The platform has had many issues that have been addressed in these testing periods, and Brickimedia is guaranteed to be better than it ever has been before.
- As of November 1st, Brickimedia is in public beta! Learn more about the open beta period here.
- Brickimedia is now in a closed beta stage. Download this PDF to learn more about our beta and release planning schedule.
- An alpha preview of the Brickimedia wikis can be seen on Brickimedia Meta. As this is in alpha stage, you should expect errors and frequent changes. Anything you add (user accounts, edits, etc) may not transfer over after the alpha period ends.
- You can now follow development and give feedback/issues on GitHub!
- Development has started back up!
- The LEGO Message Boards Wiki has announced they will not move back to Brickimedia for relaunch. You may access their wiki on Wikia from now on.
- Unfortunately, Brickimedia data was lost due to an attack on our webhost.
How to be a part
The best way you can contribute to Brickimedia is to sign up for an account, and start editing wikis on the Brickimedia network. If you are looking for other ways to help be a part of the Brickimedia project: